/etc/default/acpi-support still supported?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri May 23 19:58:21 UTC 2008

Xurxo Fernandez wrote:

> 2008-05-19 (月) の 22:03 -0300 に Derek Broughton さんは書きました:
>> Oliver Grawert wrote:
>>
>> > hi,

>> > as stated in other threads already, the acpi-support scripts are
>> > obsolete, use /etc/pm/*
>>
>> That wasn't very helpful.
>>
>> I, too, rely on /etc/acpi/ and have made a number of mods over the years.
>> So the question remains, _what_ is the relationship between the /etc/pm/*
>> scripts and acpi-support.  iirc, you yourself said that acpi-support was
>> _deprecated_ (that is NOT the same as obsolete) and for the meantime
>> being
>> invoked from pm.  If that's true, how is it happening?
>>
> AFAIK pm has its own scripts (try pm-suspend from the terminal).

otoh, I haven't changed anything, and my acpi-support configuration is
definitely being used, so the prior statement that the acpi scripts are
being invoked via pm in some sort of compatibility mode seem true.  I would
just like some idea of how to migrate them before they really are obsolete
--
derek