OpenOffice : why spellcheck doesn't work ?

komputes komputes at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:56:25 UTC 2008

OOo is tricky, buggy and requires getting used to in my opinion. I have
had the biggest headache with spellcheck and I really don't understand
why it's this anti-intuitive, but I guess that's Sun for you. Open your
document and try the following:

-File > Wizard > Dictionaries
-Retrieve lists and select the dictionaries you need
-Tools > Language > For all Text > (your language here)

This will make sure you have the dictionary and change all text to your
language. At that point it should work (operative work being "should").

good luck