[OT] Debian mailinglists [was: RE: Debian or Ubuntu?]

Fri May 23 09:42:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, 22 May 2008 15:42:49 -0300
Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> And I'm being accused of not living in the real world.  The world is full of
> pointy-haired bosses who couldn't care less that they've put the least
> technically competent person in charge of their web server...

But all your app will protect against is the incompetent from making
syntactical errors. If they're really incompetent, they're as likely to
make syntactically-legal configuration errors as they are spelling
mistakes.

I can't see how protecting from the former but not the latter helps
anyone, except, possibly, the jobless technically incompetent.

--
Avi Greenbury