[OT] Debian mailinglists

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Wed May 21 17:20:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 11:41 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Whoa!  I _never_ said this could be done by a single generic program.  Every
> app should have its config tool.

I understood that. And I asked you to outline how this might be done for
a very specific example. But see further down ...

>  Test-based development practically
> enforces this, even if the tests are not strictly a config tool.  Once you
> have the tests, though, the tool is just a front-end.

Again the same fallacy of assuming that the writers of the software can
foresee every use case. Not so

> I did that somewhere...

Yeah, I came across this immediately after finishing my post ... it was
a busy thread :)

The problem was, though, that your suggestion was immediately shown to
be not sufficient at all.