[OT] Debian mailinglists

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed May 21 14:41:49 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:

> Somebody else in another subthread already asked you to provide
> pseudocode for some aspect of the program you are proposing,

Whoa!  I _never_ said this could be done by a single generic program.  Every
app should have its config tool.  Test-based development practically
enforces this, even if the tests are not strictly a config tool.  Once you
have the tests, though, the tool is just a front-end.

> as a device
> to make you see that it is insanely difficult (or impossible, depending
> on your proposal) to make work in real life. I'd ask you to the same
> here for this hypothetical ssh configurator, just in broad strokes.

I did that somewhere...
--
derek