[OT] Debian mailinglists [was: RE: Debian or Ubuntu?]

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed May 21 14:11:16 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:

> I remember distinctly that you wrote that in an ideal world, cli changes
> would be impossible and everything would have to be validated through a
> gui. (To which I replied that I want you to leave me out of your ideal
> world)

Then you remember distinctly wrong.  I said that in an ideal world, editing
config files would be impossible. I've never objected outright to a CLI -
and now regret using the term GUI in the first place, as I really want
appropriate configuration tools.  I can't imagine a CLI implementation that
would please users, but its the user of an editor I object to.
--
derek