pulseaudio or alsa/oss

Rick rick0009 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 02:38:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 01:31 +0200, Marco Doehring wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> > So, my question would it better to switch back to alsa/oss
> > audio until the main stream media catches up with pulseaudio ?
> You should take a look at http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup.
> Except for Skype and Teamspeak everything works fine for me (ALSA/OSS/SDL).
>
> Marco

Okay, interesting... can one leave non-free flash alone?
but will they still go direct and use alsa/oss ? instead of pulseaudio

Current That I'm using are

Mocp
Cmus
Totem
Quod Libet
Mplayer
VLC
Xine
Audacious

So, play every type of audio format files,
and most every type of video format files...

Most of my vids are in the h246 .mkv format
vorbis codecs.

Again, don't want to break anything.
with pulseaudio

also, Firefox with the latest adobe flash plugin.

TIA
Richard