X11 login screen receives no input from mouse or keyboard

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Tue May 20 22:05:42 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen said the following on 05/20/2008 03:16 PM:
> I once had a similar situation in Fedora using the wrong (believe it
> or not) video driver. Post your xorg.conf file. If you saved the
> xorg.conf file from 6.06, post it as well. If you used the same file,
> are you sure that the correct driver is even installed on the system?
>
> Dotan Cohen

I tried this with no xorg.conf and it is still disconnected from the
keyboard and mouse. I can ctl-alt-F1 to a console.  I noticed that when
I type at th gui login, the keystrokes show up on the black screen after
stopping gdm.
Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
 One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about otherpeople. -George Carlin (127)