[OT] Debian mailinglists [was: RE: Debian or Ubuntu?]

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue May 20 19:47:56 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:

>> Configuration isn't difficult.  It's tedious, and repetitive and prone to
>> mechanical error.  It's the sort of thing that _should_ be left to
>> monkeys.
>
> Here you stop making sense. Come on ...

I didn't think so, but I'll try a different approach :-)

I help maintain a machine hosting about 6 or 7 different web servers, all
proxied by one Apache virtual host.  They're all identical from a
configuration viewpoint, except for the actual internal URL, but every time
the actual administrator wants to create a new instance, he has to call me
to write the changes to the Apache config - and all _I_ do is copy and
paste the last line of the rewrite rules and then change the URLs.  A
monkey could do it... and would cost a lot less than me.
--
derek