[OT] Debian mailinglists [was: RE: Debian or Ubuntu?]

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue May 20 19:33:59 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 14:57 -0400, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
>> I loved that essay. I think even he said it was dated, though.

Funny - it doesn't look at all like the book...

> Me, too (everything by NS, in fact. Did you read Mother Earth, Mother
> Board?).

Unfortunately, it isn't in my library

> And sure it is dated, but the basic point still stands: you
> don't outlaw hole-hawgs because some do-it-yourselfer might go in
> circles at the outside wall of his house ;)
>
>> What I think the point of the thread should be [...]
>
> I agree with all of this but again, this was not really what Derek
> suggested.

Sure it was.  Except to the point that Bart said "Sometimes just popping in
with a text editor is great for that", because I believe with the right
tools you'd never need to.  Unfortunately, nobody is ever going to bother
writing those "right tools" because it gets so much resistance from the
l33t.
--
derek