kiosk live cd

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 20 18:53:47 UTC 2008

On 05/20/2008 02:21 AM, Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi ubuntu-users
>
> I am looking for a LiveCD which can be used as a Kiosk with only a
> browser available for the users at a conference I organise which 140
> persons will attend.
>
> I would like it to be a ubuntu based CD (preferably) with firefox which
> defaults to a homepage I can sat. I also need to be able to configure a
> proxy. I do not want to store history or private information. I prefer
> not to install to a harddrive and the user should not be able to reboot,
> if he would do it, the kiosk firefox mode should be restored.
>
> Tx for any suggestions
>
> mvg/Alain

This might help - use pessulus (gnome) or kiosktool (kde) to lock down a
system, then from that make your own liveCD:

[Transforming your Installation into a Live DVD/CD]

Other:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/kiosk/index.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomizationFromScratch
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirefoxKiosk