[OT] Debian mailinglists [was: RE: Debian or Ubuntu?]

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Tue May 20 18:13:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 10:59 am, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Avi Greenbury wrote:

>> But if I'm editing something where I *know* the value I want, and where
>> I want to put it, I really can't think of anything more efficient than
>> opening the file up, putting the right value in the right place and
>> saving the file.

> A web page with a drop down box and a text field would be more _efficient_.

    According to who's measure?

vim - 8Mb.

Apache - 13-20Mb
Firefox - 80Mb

    Certainly not space.

    Certainly not keystrokes since chances are the URL itself is longer than
the entire operation in a text editor.

    Certainly not time since I can open a terminal, ssh over, edit the file
and save it before I can even load FF.

--
Steve Lamb