[OT] Debian mailinglists [was: RE: Debian or Ubuntu?]

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue May 20 17:59:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 13:37 -0400, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> A) just because a system is tested in a test rig or test net first
> doesn't mean the rollout portion will go 100% slick as eelsnot.

In general I agree, but we are talking about important bank systems. An
important bank system that is down for a few minutes can cost the bank
millions of Dollars, or finish off the bank completely, if it was the
wrong one that went down. Such systems usually have test rigs that are
1:1 copies of the live system, often on mainframes that can switch
between the two systems seamlessly.