[OT] Debian mailinglists [was: RE: Debian or Ubuntu?]

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue May 20 17:45:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 11:05 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Hahahahaha!  I just saw an admin upgrade 3 servers last week, without doing
> anything more than a superficial check of any of them.  It was days later
> that he actually figured out what he'd done wrong and fixed it...

> In the case of an SSH server, wouldn't it make more sense to use a config
> tool that actually _did_ try to establish a new connection before
> finalizing the changes?

Have you ever worked in a Windows-only shop with the usual assortment of
MSCPs? Have you ever edited MS SQL Server with its idiotic GUI config?

If you had, you would know that
     A. No GUI tool can help when your admin is an idiot
     B. GUI tools that try to help braindead MSCPs, make real admins cry
        and change the job, leaving only the monkeys.