[OT] Debian mailinglists [was: RE: Debian or Ubuntu?]

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:03:39 UTC 2008

2008/5/20 Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>:
> Again, yes.  Apache is less of a problem than some servers, in that I can
> hand edit the configs and test them before restarting Apache, but I'd be a
> lot happier with a tool that didn't let me write invalid config files in
> the first place.

It would not be difficult to write a program that parses httpd.conf
and warns about an invalid file. It could probably even be integrated
into VI. Other config file types (fstab, xorg.conf, etc) could be
added as well. I'll add it to my list of projects...

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.