Network problem with ubuntu on Intel Classmate PC

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue May 20 07:28:44 UTC 2008

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 20.05.2008, 02:14 +0530 schrieb Anoop John:
> I need to somehow get the laptop to detect and use the network
> interfaces and I also need to upgrade to hardy.
>
> Can somebody please help me with this.
see http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogra/classmate/images/hardy/ it has the
ubuntu hardy image specifically tailored for the classmate 2G and 4G USB
machine. install instructions are on the above page as well.

feel free to mail me if you run into any problems. i'm about to set up a
launchpad product for it to track non application specific bugs as well
as having a cmpc-users and -developers mailing lists within the next two
weeks. note that the image is not 100% final yet and might still see
rebuilds with updated packages from hardy-updates.

the actual final image is to be expected for the 8.04.1 release in july.

ciao
	oli