X11 login screen receives no input from mouse or keyboard

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Tue May 20 02:11:31 UTC 2008

I recently upgraded from 6.0.6 LTS to 8.0.4 LTS via the alternate
install CD.

After the upgrade was finished the X login screen receives no input from
the mouse or keyboard, although I can switch to a console screen via
ctrl-alt-F1.

I tested /dev/input/mice via "sudo hd /dev/input/mice".  I get input
from the mouse and obviously the keyboard works.

I ran dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and it still does the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
 It's good to know that if I behave strangely enough, society will take full responsibility for me. - Ashleigh Brilliant (249)