Hibernation woes

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue May 20 00:54:22 UTC 2008

Ted Hilts wrote:

> I have gone over the article many times and I do not read anything about
> enlarging an existing swap PARTITION already in use by a live Ubuntu
> installation.

That's because it's completely unnecessary.  Swap is something that is only
ever used by a running system (and consider that a hibernated system is
still a _running_ system, but with the power off).  This means that if you
shut down the system you can delete, slice, dice and recreate the swap
partition without any worries.  The problem is finding the space to do so.
--
derek