Changing default browser

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Mon May 19 17:34:08 UTC 2008

On Monday 19 May 2008 03:28:05 am Pat Brown wrote:
> Is there a way to change the default browser used when I click on a link
> an email? Right now it launches Firefox, but I've been using Konquerer a
> lot since for me at least, it seems more stable. (My Firefox will crash
> completely in the middle of a transaction) I've looked around the setup
> of both browsers and can't find anything to do this. I know with email
> programs you can make one or the other a default.

The first thing I had planned to do was change the default browser over to
Konqueror because that was the only useful browser in Mandriva and Ubuntu
7.10,  HOWEVER I was totally amazed in Ubuntu 8.04 that Firefox 3 was so much
more stable and useful than Firefox 2 ever was.  Although Konqueror is
available, I have not as yet gone to  "Settings", "KDE components", "Default
Applications" to change it!  Firefox displays faster and better ordered now
than Konqueror does and I have not so far found a site it doesn't display!
Impressed me!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org