graphics card intel 350 and ubuntu 8.04 incompatibilities

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Mon May 19 14:13:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Leonardo Crochik <crochik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just upgraded my ubuntu to 8.04 and i'm having trouble with my
> graphics card intel 350.

What is that? It is not one I'm familar with, and a quick bit of Googling
did not turn it up.

Intel have a page on their open source driver efforts.
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-010512.htm
I think those drivers are built into 8.04.

I don't see a 350 listed either on that page or in the output
from "man intel", though.

My board with Intel g31 chipset and the intel(4) driver happily
drives a widescreen Samsung at some fairly high resolution;
it just defaulted to that on install.

Do either of these pages help?
http://www.shallowsky.com/blog/linux/widescreen-on-intel.html
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/fix-for-widescreen-resolutions-for-intel-display-cards-in-ubuntu-feisty.html