Ubuntu 7.10 to 8.04 LTS Upgrade Problem

Gregory Zill gregory at r3g.net
Sun May 18 15:53:44 UTC 2008

I am able to progress into the regular GUI login (Gnome) but after
trying to load the application bar across the top, it gives up and
bails out back to the gdm login screen. All I keep doing is logging
into safe-Gnome mode and running update-manager over and over thinking
that some package is not getting updated as required. I feel I am very
close to getting the 8.04 LTS upgrade to work with this laptop, but it
is still not quite right. I appreciate any pointers.

--
The computer you are using has no brain,
therefore you must use your own.

Gregory W Zill, MBA, CISSP