Dual Booting

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sat May 17 12:31:10 UTC 2008

Alan Milnes wrote:
> 2008/5/17 Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com>:
>>    The exact difference between a boot by grub and by the Windows
>> loader is zero.
>
> Not true. If you delete the Linux partitions nothing will boot until
> you restore the Windows mbr.
>
> Alan

Or if you ever have to do a Windows repair and it blows away grub,
leaving linux non-functional until you recover from a recoery cd.

When I have multiples drives, I always install Windows on it's own
drive, then linux+grub on another.  Grub can always boot the Windows
drive, but Windows need never even know it's not in it's own little world.