Turn off autorun on dvd's

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri May 16 20:13:34 UTC 2008

> PleegWat wrote:
>
> > Preferences > File Management > Media tab
> > Took me quite some searching last week too.
>
> That isn't in my menu.  Would you know how to get it?

Wasn't in mind either. Had to start menu editor (right-click on the
menu and select "Menu editor"). The "File Management" item was indeed
there... just not enabled/visible. So just check it and off you go.

I often have this problem when I upgrade to a newer version of Ubuntu
(missing menu entries), despite I alwqys do a clean install (no
in-situ upgrades). I think the problem comes from me re-using my /home
partition. The menu editor must have troubles figuring out how to merge
the new entries coming from the new Ubuntu release, with my
existing/old menu customizations. Something like that ;-)
Other folks would just say that the menu editor just sucks/isn't
reliable, I have read that too I think ;-)

HTH

--
Vince