Is NTFS resizing safe nowadays?

Xurxo Fernandez xurxo13 at gmail.com
Fri May 16 18:12:03 UTC 2008

2008-05-16 (金) の 13:07 -0400 に Bart Silverstrim さんは書きました:
> Phill MV wrote:
> >> Define Safe?  I would never manipulate partitions unless I was ready to
> >> do a full recovery... The process isn't bugged or error prone, but an
> >> inconveniently timed power outage or hardware failure can do much more
> >> damage than usual.
> >

> > Well, let's define safe to be, "barring freak accidents external to the
> > software, if you follow the steps in the vast majority of cases it will work
> > perfectly" :P. I just have no means to perform recovery, because getting it
> > reimaged is a large hurdle.
I have resized NTFS partitions with gparted many times and I havent had
any trouble so far. Anyway they weren't work computers so I could take
chances with them. You could try resizing with windows partition magic
but I found gparted safer (PM killed my computer once but it was nearly
6 years ago).