cpufrequtils on xen

Chris Cohen kildau-ml at gmx.de
Fri May 16 15:46:53 UTC 2008

Hi *,

just installed cpufrequtils on 2.6.24-17-xen on hardy to scale the
frequency of an amd be-2350.
I modprobed powernow-k8, cpufreq_ondemand and cpuid.
But as soon as I load them the frequency goes down to 800MHz and doesnt
increase under load. Cpufreq-info says the frequency should be within
1000 - 2100MHz:

cpufrequtils 002: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2006
Report errors and bugs to linux at brodo.de, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: powernow-k8
  CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 0
  hardware limits: 1000 MHz - 2.10 GHz
  available frequency steps: 2.10 GHz, 2.00 GHz, 1.80 GHz, 1000 MHz
  available cpufreq governors: userspace, ondemand, performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 1000 MHz and 2.10 GHz.
                  The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 800 MHz.
analyzing CPU 1:
  driver: powernow-k8
  CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 1
  hardware limits: 1000 MHz - 2.10 GHz
  available frequency steps: 2.10 GHz, 2.00 GHz, 1.80 GHz, 1000 MHz
  available cpufreq governors: userspace, ondemand, performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 1000 MHz and 2.10 GHz.
                  The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 800 MHz.

Whats wrong?

--