Screen resolution

Willis Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 15 03:46:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 21:37 -0400, jack wallen wrote:
> Gérald Jean wrote:
> > My
> > screen is an "Envision", if that matters and my graphics card an NVidia
> > (3 years old).  Is there any ways to get a better resolution.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> >
> > Gérald Jean
> >

> have you tried installing Envy? usually when someone has an NVidia card
> i always tell them to first install that.

I also run an Envision and I have this problem only if the monitor is
ready after the CPU fires up.  As long as I turn the monitor on for 10
secss. before hitting the on button on the CPU I have ant res. up to
1280 x 1024.  I hit upon the solution by doing a restart and that should
give you the ability to test this also.

to just set it go to System>Admin.>Screens and Graphics and set Plugand
Play at 1024 x 768.