Computer loosing time

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Thu May 15 02:42:50 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Rashkae <ubuntu at tigershaunt.com>
To: Ubuntu user technical support,  not for general discussions
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Computer loosing time
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:55:16 -0400
Mailer: Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 (X11/20080227)

What would cause a computer to loose time while it's on and running?
(approx. 10 minutes lost every 24 hrs)  It's easy enough to sync the
clock with NTP, but it makes no sense to me that my pc can't count
seconds properly.

There may be other explanations possible (the ubertechs in the group can get themselves around that) but my speculative thought would be that the battery keeping your CMOS alive (and hence the time/date information) has reached its limits and is beginning to fail.

--

Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario