Screen resolution

Gérald Jean gerald.jean at videotron.ca
Thu May 15 01:34:41 UTC 2008

Hello there,

I upgraded from Gutsy to Hardy last weekend, went like a charm, no
problems.  One little glitch though that annoys me.  The screen
resolution is VERY  big and when I go to System > Preferences > Screen
Resolution I have only two options: 800 X 600 or 640 X 480, the first
one is VERY large resolution and the second LARGER yet.  I had better
results and many more options with previous versions of Ubuntu.  My
screen is an "Envision", if that matters and my graphics card an NVidia
(3 years old).  Is there any ways to get a better resolution.

Thanks for any help,

Gérald Jean