The scrolling bar of doooooooooom

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Wed May 14 16:31:43 UTC 2008

    How do I get more information out of Ubuntu's startup than the scrolling
bar of doom?  It's blue.  It's pretty.  It bounces back and forth.  It
tells me absolutely nothing about why my machine hangs on booting.  It
is precisely what is wrong with the boot process and why I railed
against it in October of last year.  *sigh*  Unfortunately a check of
that thread presents absolutely no information on how to get it to show
me what it is hanging on.  Though I am amused that the person I was
debating was merrily telling me that it should present that information
automatically if something goes wrong.

--
Steve Lamb