Compile Mono

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:18:01 UTC 2008

On 5/14/08, Jonathan Gunawan <jgun98.milis at gmail.com> wrote:
> because mono that comes with hardy is 1.2.6 and latest mono is 1.9.1
>  and I can't find deb file on packages.ubuntu.com

go to http://www.mono-project.com/ and you will see that Debian
packages are available as "unsupported" downloads, NOT standard Debian
repositories. So apparently the 1.9.x versions of Mono have not made
it into Debian, which is where all Ubuntu Universe packages come from.

But the good news is you can work with the unsupported Debian packages
and help other developers get any Debian dependency issues resolved.
Then the latest Mono will be available to Ubuntu in time for the
following release!