Cannot run .jar file in terminal, can run in Firefox

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue May 13 21:26:47 UTC 2008

2008/5/13 NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net>:
> On 05/13/2008 03:15 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> $ java -jar operationsOnVectors.jar
>> Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
>> operationsOnVectors.jar
>> hardy2 at hardy2-laptop:~/Incoming/firefox$
>>
>> The applet comes from my university website:
>> http://ocw.math.technion.ac.il/18/18.013a/f01/tools/tools/applets/
>>
>> And can be run on this page:
>> http://ocw.math.technion.ac.il/18/18.013a/f01/tools/tools/html/tools18.html
>
> Actually it doesn't run on that web page correctly either - note that
> the File & Graph dropdown tabs don't work. To see how it should actually
> look/work, see:
>
> <http://ocw.mit.edu/ans7870/18/18.013a/textbook/HTML/chapter03/section03.html>
>
> Both pages use:
>
> ====
> class="doclink"></a><applet code="OperationsOnVectors"
> codebase="../applets/" archive="operationsOnVectors.jar, mk_lib.jar,
> parser_math.jar, jcbwt363.jar" width=760 height=450>
>  </applet></p>
> ====
>
> so maybe you need to use the additional .jar's? Don't know as I've no
> java experience.

Thanks. I did not look at the source of the page to determine what
else might be there. I don't know how to launch a jar such that it
will find the other files (I'll download them). I will start googling
and post back if I can get this to work. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.