/etc/default/acpi-support still supported?

David Abrahams dave at boostpro.com
Tue May 13 19:21:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to sort out workarounds for suspend/resume problems, and I
need someone to explain the relationship between the old /etc/acpi/*.d/
stuff and /etc/pm/*.d

Clearly /etc/pm/*.d is effective now, but I don't see anywhere that
/etc/acpi/*.d would get invoked.  In particular,

* I wonder about DOUBLE_CONSOLE_SWITCH in /etc/default/acpi-support.
  Does that have an effect on resume?

* If /etc/acpi/*.d is still effective, I also would like to know the
  ordering relationship between the two systems.  Do scripts in
  /etc/pm/sleep.d/ get called before or after those in
  /etc/acpi/suspend.d?

Thanks in advance,

--
Dave Abrahams