Debian or Ubuntu?

Tue May 13 08:35:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 13 May 2008 01:40:10 -0400
"Terrell Prudé Jr." <microman at cmosnetworks.com> wrote:

> Les Mikesell wrote:
> > Can you give an example of something that is worse in Ubuntu than Debian
> > for servers?  That is, if you didn't already have Debian would there be
> > a reason to use it?
> >

> Yes.  More supported CPU architectures.

That's the one I _always_ forget.

Which is stupid, really, since I run Etch on PPC, SPARC and x86...

I've forgotten which is the token other architecture (aside from x86) for *buntu at the minute, I know it's been PPC and SPARC, but I know both of those have been dropped.
'Only' supporting one or two architectures is one thing, changing these every couple of releases would irritate the crap out of me if I'd decided on *buntu as my server OS. As the couple of mails about *buntu/SPARC over the last week have demonstrated...

--
Avi Greenbury