Ubuntu web page and things

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 12 23:54:19 UTC 2008

On 05/12/2008 03:50 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     I think the magic of Ubuntu is that it loads as easy as Windows XT
> and Vista and provides a computer which is superior to both Windows
> versions. You can even download the software from the web site.
>
>     The web site is, in my opinion confusing. A person who is now using
> Windows goes to the Ubuntu site and the first thing he has to do is
> decide if he wants a Desktop or Server version, whatever those are!
> Later he is given the choice to get Kubntu whatever THAT IS!
>
>     My suggestion is to make the first page nothing but a Desktop
> version that will replace the Windows with time. It is one d/l of a
> LiveCD that will run if your computer has Windows XP on it. Then the
> have been several complainers on this list that d/l the server and never
> got a Desktop :-)
>
>     Also I think the penalty for using a Desktop as a server is VERY
> small and has advantages. The explanation will be simple and anyone can
> do it.
>
> Karl

I think the best place to make these suggestions:

http://www.ubuntu.com/
  [Get Involved]
    http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate
      http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

Or perhaps:
http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/contactus
====
Web Feedback

If you have suggestions, or corrections for ubuntu.com or canonical.com
then email us at webmaster at ubuntu.com or webmaster at canonical.com.
====