[OT] Debian mailinglists [was: RE: Debian or Ubuntu?]

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon May 12 18:57:43 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 12:30 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> I beg to differ.  Debian may have some users more knowledgeable than
>> anyone here.  Getting them to help you is another issue.  I'll take
>> the help available here, any day.
>
> I dunno, back when I used Debian I never had a problem getting support
> on debian-users.

I never had a _problem_ either - but I wouldn't say that many of the great
Debian experts were the ones helping, and I do strongly believe the Ubuntu
lists provide better support than I was getting then (even though I needed
it more in those days).

>  YMMV, of course. I, for one, would argue that the
> percentage of people with experience in server administration and the
> like was way higher than here.

Oh sure - and you could get yourself a week of flames for even bringing up
the subject of Webmin...
--
derek