[OT] Debian mailinglists [was: RE: Debian or Ubuntu?]

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon May 12 16:12:38 UTC 2008

2008/5/12 Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org>:
> ubuntu-users (rightly) lets people get away with a lot (asking
> stuff that can easily be googled or found in TFM, etc.)

I agree that not STFW and top-posting should be permitted in
ubuntu-users, but they should be discouraged. That way, as people
learn, they can progress. We don't need to burn people at the stake
for top posting or posting slightly OT threads, but they should be
gently reminded that their behaviour is counter-productive.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.