time zone, request

Nik N niknot at gmail.com
Mon May 12 13:30:56 UTC 2008

In no release of Ubuntu (unlike some other distributions/installers)
did the time zone selection panel (rigth at the beginning of the
installation process offer, among the long, long table of "locations"
a simple "time zone" by name selection, where, one would expect, one
selection would be simply UTC.  I find it so much simpler to have *nix
time to be UTC (particularly file-times, at jobs...)

(of course the hardware clock is UTC, after all, I dont live in Redmond :)
Niknot