Re: Re: Install problem with 8.04 alternate CD

Cola yue315012-ubuntu at yahoo.com.cn
Mon May 12 11:34:39 UTC 2008

Hi, NoOp,
My keyboard is a usb one (or Ps/2 with USB-PS/2 convertor, both can't use). But with 8.04 LiveCD, it's works OK. The keyboard model is generic 105-key (Intl) PC.
The problem is not only happen in alternate CD but also in recovery mode after installed by LiveCD. PC starts with normal mode to X is ok.

Another question is: I can't switch to console from X by ctrl+alt+Fn. If I use it, then the monitor will complain no input. but can use alt+F9  to switch back to X.

Thanks

NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> 写道: On 05/09/2008 06:19 AM, Cola wrote:
> I want to install Ubuntu 8.04 on my PC with alternate CD, but got
> problem. At the begning, everything is OK, the alternate CD booted,
> then choose Install from the menu. The system booted. Then choose
> keyboard, detect CD, etc, something like this. Then the problem comes
> when the system said need to enter the hostname. I can't input
> anything with my keyboard, it seems the system hangs. I try several
> times, but got same results. The same problem occurs when I need to
> enter into recover mode. after I choose to enter into the recover
> mode in the grub menu, system can boot. when the system comes out
> with the first dialogue to choose something(I forgot what is it, only
> remember it is the first TXT dialogue), but the keryboard died.
>
> My PC: Jetway A690G, AMD 4200+, 2G Mem, vga is onboard
>
> Anybody has the answer?Thanks

What type of keyboard? USB, wireless, bluetooth, hardwired?

You might try telling it that you are using a standard US International
105 keyboard. Run kbdconfig as root after you have completed the
installation and tell it your actual keyboard.

Try booting with Knoppix and or Ubuntu liveCD to see if your keyboard
works: http://www.knoppix.net/ with those. If they do, then there may be
a bug in the Alternate CD installer.