vncserver unable to connect to host: Connection refused (111) 7.10

primorec geda.mail at gmail.com
Mon May 12 05:39:43 UTC 2008

Thanks for the very detailed instructions.

The solution for my problem is (was):

cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
ls /usr/share/fonts/X11
and link all the directories there that are not listed in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts. For ubuntu 7.10  that was:

sudo ln -s /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi 100dpi
sudo ln -s /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi 75dpi
sudo ln -s /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc misc
sudo ln -s /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1 Type1
sudo ln -s /usr/share/fonts/X11/util

more info here

Thanks to ALL  for ALL your help.

Igor