Brasero on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon -- Giving invalid CD Integrity Check Failure?

Jim and Judi Harris jandjharris at gmail.com
Mon May 12 03:25:04 UTC 2008

Hello.

I have burned several CDs with Brasero on Gutsy from a verified good (via
check before install and MD5sum) hardyHeron.iso, and every time they fail
Brasero's Integrity Check, but they all check OK when inserted into a
computer which boots on them then I choose Check CD for defects. This is 2
different brands of CD, at multiple different write speeds.

Could this be a bug in Brasero (reporting invalid CD Integrity Check
Failure)?

Comments, please, e.g. if you think yes, it probably is a bug, please
recommend how and where I should report it, as I have never done that, I
want to learn how, and I find little help on how to do it.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

--
When sitting down in front of a computer to do
something useful, never say, or even think,