Hibernation woes

Albert Charron albert at albertcharron.name
Mon May 12 02:47:49 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Albert Charron wrote:
>

>> Thanks for your help Derek.  Seems my problem is effectively a video
>> POST problem. At least on the laptop I made the tests... The swap
>> partition is correctly identified and the system resumes from it from
>> what I see following your instructions. I found I can solve the problem
>> by ssh-ing in and restarting GDM (which isn't very practical).
>>

> OK - as I said, it's fairly common.
>
> I have acpi-support installed, and it includes a
> file, /etc/acpi/resume.d/15-video-post.sh which automatically does this.
>

>> Do you have any pointer to give me on how to fix this? Should I start a
>> new thread with this question?
>>

> Installing acpi-support should work.  otoh, if you _do_ have acpi-support, I
> guess we need to do something else!

acpi-support is already installed...

For more info, in case it would help fixing my problem... My laptop is
an old Dell Latitude C600 with an ATI graphic card (relevant line from
lspci is 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage
Mobility M3 AGP 2x (rev 02) )

What should I look next?

I'm trying to google about this, but maybe I don't do it correctly... I
don't find appropriate results...

  Albert Charron
  Linux Counter member #157482
  Registered computers: 195048, 361906