Hibernation woes

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun May 11 17:56:16 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:

> Or perhaps it might be easier to use a swap file instead:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwapFaq
> [How do I add more swap?]

It's an option if hibernation works with swap files - I wasn't sure, and I
don't see anything in there (otoh, it specifically mentions needing swap
for hibernation, but doesn't say it _won't_ work with a file).

That's the first time I've seen that swap files should be as fast as swap
partitions, now.  Nice to hear, because it really simplifies setup (though
it really should be possible to use mkswap to specify the size, instead of
having to go through dd).
--
derek