[LTS Upgrde] Login Screen Resolution issues

Patrick Drechsler patrick at pdrechsler.de
Sun May 11 09:02:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

Rashkae <ubuntu at tigershaunt.com> writes:

> Patrick Drechsler wrote:
>> my uprade from LTS 6.06 to LTS 8.04 went fine. Congratulations to the
>> update-team!
>>
>> But: My login screen has the wrong resolution (this is not a big issue).
>>
>> This is the relevant part of my xorg.conf (1280x1024 is the correct
>> resolution):
>
> What if you tried removing all the old cruft from your xorg.conf and
> test the fancy new autodetection?  Make a backup of your
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and run the command:
>
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
>
> (That should make it's own backup before changing anything, but why
> trust automation when you can do it yourself.)

Again, thanks for your feedback.

I tried your solution (with and without the extra options "-phigh"),
restarted the xserver, and the _login-screen_ still has the incorrect
resolution. The display resolution is fine during a normal gnome
session.

After reconfiguring my xorg.conf looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"kbd"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"de"
	Option		"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Monitor		"Configured Monitor"
	Device		"Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier	"Default Layout"
	Screen		"Default Screen"
EndSection

Any other ideas?

TIA

Patrick
--
By working faithfully eight hours a day,
you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve.