Alternate CD Rescue Mode

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 10 23:51:40 UTC 2008

For some odd reason, the original was removed from the gmane server. The
subthreads remain, but not this one. So this is a repost - sorry for the
duplicate.

Anyone know of a good reference for using the Alternate CD Rescue Mode
(preferably Gutsy & Hardy). I know that there are powerful utilities
there, but I'd like to find a howto guide for all of the menu's etc.

I've managed to muddle through the menus... but then again I have a few
spare systems that I can afford to break to the core if need be. I'm
really looking for a solid howto that shows how to use the utilities to
actually "rescue" a broken system without screwing up and losing all the
data or reformating everything -- both for my reference, and for
pointing other folks to.