Change colors of bootup menu in 8.04

elmo elmo at ne.rr.com
Sat May 10 14:51:46 UTC 2008

  I have some greatgrandkids who want to run their game CDs in Windows
when they visit and  I don't want them  to boot UBUNTU so I edit
menu.lst  to rearrange the order of listing  the operating systems to
put Wndows XP at the beginning of the bootup menu and so it will
autoboot in just a few seconds.

I also like to display a more colorful bootup menu so I edit the color
entry in menu.lst.
It's necessary to perform a save operation to make sure all the changes
are made in menu.lst

I've been doing this since earlier versions of UBUNTU. and now that I
have 8.04 installed, I'd like to have the same features in the bootup
menu but I'm not able to change to colors.  However,  rearranging the
order of listing is OK but no matter what color combination I choose for
"color................"  in menu.lst,  the bootup menu appears in black
and white.

I don't know if this is something different in 8.04 or if I'm doing
something wrong..

Can someone show me how I can get a more colorful bootup menu?

display autoboot Windows XP  in  just a few seconds because  I have some
greatgrandkids who want to run their game CDs in Windows when they visit
and  I don't want them  to boot UBUNTU.   I also

 I also like to have colorful  boot menu.
I've been able to maintain this in every UBUNTU I've used until now when
I installed 8.04.  For some, when
I edit 'color' in menu.lst, it seems to have no effect.  The boot menu
is just black and white.