Ubuntu 8.04 requires a user id and password when running from the CD

boris badinov boris_badinov at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 14:21:27 UTC 2008

Help !
I cannot get into the desktop using Ubuntu 8.04 when running the software from the CD.
I am getting a screen requiring a user id and password.  I have never known Ubuntu to require this in earlier versions running from the CD.

What user id and password can I use to see the desktop in Ubuntu 8.04 when running from the CD only?

Thanks,
Boris