apt-file update gives 404

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 9 23:38:54 UTC 2008

On 05/02/2008 03:47 PM, Chris Mohler wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Is it just me or the command:
> sudo apt-file update
> bombs out?
>
> I get a 404 on every request :(

There have been considerable problems with updates making it out to the
mirrors since the 8.04 release. I normally have my sources set to a
mirror close to me, one that _always_ connects at full speed, but in
order to get all of todays updates I had to resort to Ubuntu Main as the
updates hadn't made it to the mirror yet. I suppose there are bugs filed
regarding this, but they seem to come and go depending on the phase of
the moon :-)