I need some advice on BIG external storage units

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Fri May 9 23:02:10 UTC 2008

Tom Rausner wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm going to by myself a BIG (1 TB, maby 2..) external storage. The
> question is; what to by ? A lot of them are pointed at geting used
> with Windows and that might be a problem (internal software etc.).
> Are there some ones amongst you guys, having some experiences to share ?
>
> Tom Rausner
> tom at tomtech.dk

About 18 months ago I put 250gb Buffalo external storage units into my
customers' stores.  These have a Hitachi drive in them IIRC and are both
USB 2 + ethernet connectable.  I imagine they have a 1 TB model, or
bigger, by now. Regardless of the mfg, I'd go with one that has an
ethernet 192.168.x.x addressable device 'cos then it won't matter what
O/S you're hooked up to.
--
Cheers,
SDM -- a 21st Century Schizoid Man.