dual monitors

Darryl Tidd darryl.tidd at daaokc.com
Fri May 9 22:08:19 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I have searched the internet and cannot find a resolution to my issue of
resolution.  Just hoping someone here may be able to point me in the
right direction.
I am running Ubuntu 7.10 on Dell Dimension 5150, ati Radeon X1300, using
proprietary  ati driver.  One screen is a Dell SE198WFP, resolution
1440x900.  The other screen is Samsun SyncMaster 204t, native resolution
1600x1200.  My question is:  Is there a way to use one screen dedicated
to one program?  Example: Run VMplayer on Screen 2 constantly, and
switch between various desktops and other Ubuntu programs on screen 1.

Thanks
Darryl