I need some advice on BIG external storage units

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Fri May 9 21:05:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 1:43 pm, Tom Rausner wrote:
> I'm going to by myself a BIG (1 TB, maby 2..) external storage. The
> question is; what to by ? A lot of them are pointed at geting used
> with Windows and that might be a problem (internal software etc.).
> Are there some ones amongst you guys, having some experiences to share ?

    What purpose are you putting it to and what kind of setting?  I mean
when someone talks about "BIG" external storage my mind instantly hops
to NetApp <http://www.netapp.com/>.  However, that is clearly an
enterprise-wide level solution and requires a DC to mount the head and
drive units.

--
Steve Lamb